When a person gets on his dirt bike, puts on his motocross goggles for dirt bikes and revs the engine, the feeling is that of pure exhilaration.
If you have ever had the fortune of riding a dirt bike on a proper track, then you are very familiar with this feeling of pushing the edge towards infinity.
This exhilaration, however, can quickly turn into something unbearable if you are not particular with your protective measures.
Since the damage caused by accidents is already deadly with proper gear, it would be foolhardy to risk everything just for a few moments of defiance.
Simply speaking, proper MX protective gear is crucial for a dirt bike rider if he wants to remain alive. One piece of equipment that no rider should go on the track without is motocross goggles for dirt bikes.
Thoughts about dirtbike goggles.
For these goggles to be effective, they need to be chosen with the utmost care and deliberation. Here are some considerations.
1. Dirt biking goggles should be chosen on the basis of the kind of helmet that the rider has. The goggles work in conjunction with the rider's helmet, so they need to be compatible to the helmet's shape.
Every dirt bike helmet has its own shape which determines the extent to which the rider's face is exposed. Ideally, the goggles should cover this susceptible area as much as possible.
2. Dirt biking is a high risk activity that requires the rider to be extremely alert and careful. This means that every sense of the rider needs to be free. The lenses of the MX goggles are also crucial for the safety of the rider.
Good goggle lenses would not obstruct the rider's vision through either extensive tinting or poor shaping. However, if the rider is going to be riding in the sun or excessive lighting then he should consider goggles that have polarized lenses because these would adapt to strong light.
3. Another very important aspect of dirt bike goggles is that their lenses should be shatter resistant. This is vital for the safety of the motocross rider, should he have an accident.
It is very easy for goggles to shatter on impact and damage the rider's face or eyes. This is why the lenses need to be treated so that they resist shattering even in cases of extreme accidents.
4. While many amateurs may think that the padding and straps of the motocross goggles for dirt bikes are inconsequential, this is untrue. The rider should also pay attention to these things because they would determine his comfort levels while on the bike.
For example, the strap of the goggles should be wide enough to fit around the helmet while, at the same time, strong enough to keep the goggles in place. Similarly, the padding is important because it prevents the rider's eyes from being affected by his own sweat. Sometimes, these minor things can be the difference between crashing and not crashing.
5. DO some research. Do watch an instructional video on youtube (about fitting) - or perhaps a quick goggle search, on google – will just help you see what designs might appeal to your own personal taste. There’s also those, over glasses for goggles, for the MX riders that need that extra special custom item. So don’t pick the first cool accessory you see.
Buying motocross goggles for dirt bikes should not be taken casually because it has major ramifications on the future of the dirt bike rider. Time taken before buying, will be well spent.